Dr. Mark Nelson, DPM, CWS, FACFAS
"Helps your feet feel great" TM
Our mission is to provide you the best foot and ankle care available.
Dr. Mark Nelson, of AllCare Foot & Ankle Specialists, is working for the Buffalo Clinic system at clinic locations in Monticello, Buffalo and Albertville. Dr. Nelson proudly serves the Monticello, Buffalo, Albertville/St. Michael and surrounding communities. Dr. Nelson has also had patients from many parts of MN and the Dakotas.
Dr. Nelson, and the other physicians and staff of our clinics, strive to provide our patients the highest quality, state-of-the-art medical and surgical treatments available in a friendly, personal and compassionate manner. We treat our patients like part of our family. We understand that your time is valuable, so we try to keep our appointments on schedule, while still giving you the time you need to treat your condition and answer your questions. We want you and your family to be happy with your treatment and clinic visit experience.
Because of Dr. Mark Nelson's exceptional surgical and medical training, he is able to offer his patients the full spectrum of surgical and non-surgical treatments for all foot, ankle, lower leg and wound care problems. He frequently treats complex medical and surgical problems referred from other respected physicians and orthopedic surgeons. If needed, ask your doctor for a referral to Dr. Nelson. We will try to treat your problem(s) conservatively with non-surgical treatments but, if necessary, we may be able to offer you surgical alternatives.
Double Board Certified Surgeon by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery in:
Completed a "Reconstuctive Foot and Ankle Surgery" Residency Program.
- Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery
- Foot Surgery
Board Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) by the American Board of Wound Management.
Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
Member of the Minnesota Podiatric Medical Association.
Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (FACFAS).
Dr. Nelson's Specialities:
- Reconstructive Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Foot & Ankle
- Endoscopic Surgery of the Foot & Leg
- Fractures (Broken Bones) of the Foot, Ankle & Lower Leg
- Minimal Incision (percutaneous) Achilles Tendon Rupture Repairs (for faster healing and better looking incisions)
- Bunion surgery (minimally invasive procedures and other techniques)
- Rheumatoid & Arthritic Foot Deformities
- Surgical Second Opinions (to check if your surgeon has given you the best advice)
- Laser Surgery
- Wound Care & Ulcers of the Foot, Ankle & Lower Leg
- Sports Injuries (Sports Medicine)
- Orthotics (Custom molded biomechanical arch supports)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Techniques (for faster healing and better looking incisions)
- Plastic Surgery of the Foot, Ankle and Lower Leg
Common Conditions Treated:
- Heel Pain / Arch Pain / Plantar Fasciitis
- Ankle Fractures (broken bone)
- Foot Fractures (broken bone)
- Wounds and Ulcers (Diabetic Ulcers)
- Diabetic Feet and Diabetic Shoes
- Bunion (bone bump at the base of the big toe)
- Hallux Valgus / Hallux Abductovalgus
- Hallux Rigidus & Hallux Limitus (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Hammertoe (crooked toes)
- Neuroma (injured nerve in the ball of the foot)
- Ankle Sprain
- Ankle Pain or Instability (weak ankle)
- Shin Splints
- Tendonitis and Achilles Tendon Injury
- Achilles Tendon Rupture (Tear)
- Flat Feet / Collapsed Arch
- Tendon Ruptures of the Foot and Leg
- Pain in the Ball of the Foot (Metatarsalgia)
- Toenail Fungus and Athlete's Foot
- Ingrown Toenail and other Toenail Disorders
- Foot Odor and Sweaty Feet
- Drop Foot
- Gout Attack in the Foot
- Skin Cancer
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Foot Deformities and Pain
- Arthritis and Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD)
- Warts (Plantars Warts)
Dr. Nelson does surgery at Monticello Hospital, Buffalo Hospital and Maple Grove Hospital.
About Dr. Nelson:
Dr Mark Nelson grew up in the Twin Cities area and graduated from the University of Minnesota-Minneapolis. He went to medical school in San Francisco, CA and graduated at the top of his medical school class with a 4.0 GPA. Dr. Nelson completed a prestigious 3 year "reconstructive foot and ankle surgical residency" program as chief resident. While in residency training, he did an orthopedic surgery mini-fellowship in Italy. Since starting in practice, he has spent over five hundred additional hours attending yearly seminars and training sessions to stay up-to-date on the latest medical and surgical techniques.
During his free time, he enjoys outdoor activities like fishing, skiing, biking, boating, camping, traveling and spending time with his daughter and wife.
Copyright © 2002-2016 Arrowhead International, LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is strictly prohibited. AllCare Foot & Ankle Specialists and DrNelsonClinic.com is a trademark and subsidiary of Arrowhead International, LLC. This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Buffalo Clinic, Monticello Clinic or ASM Clinic.
"Helps Your Feet Feel Great"TM is a trademark of Mark Nelson, DPM and AllCare Foot & Ankle, LLC.